Valley Natural Foods is a community-owned business. As a member-owned cooperative enterprise, we provide the community with resources for healthy living. Our store is open to everyone; you do not need to be a member-owner to shop with us. However, we think you will value the quality of our product selection, the excellence of our customer service and the convenience of our location enough to consider investing in ownership of this vibrant natural foods store. See Member-ownership for details and benefits of investing in our community enterprise.
The Valley Natural Foods Board of Directors is the visioning body of the co-op member-owners. Each member of the Board is committed to the entire membership of the co-op, not just specific issues. The Board is responsible for setting long-range goals and ensuring plans for the future; ensuring sound management of the co-op's resources; and acting as trustees on behalf of the members. The Board operates by governance policy. The Nominations Committee is seeking candidates for election in October. To find out more or to request a Candidate Application send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back row (left to right): Mark Mosiniak, Brian Thompson, Alan Rupp
Front row (left to right): Michelle Nauertz, Elizabeth Kackman, Diedre Jones, Pam Aylward
||E-commerce and Technology Solutions for Customer Experience
||Business Development Executive
||Director of Woodhill Urban Agriculture
Interacting with the board:
What we do
- Write to our email address at email@example.com.
- Use the comment box and include the word "Board" in your comment.
- Visit us at special events or when you see us shopping (our pictures are near the customer service desk).
- Read 'Direct from the Board' in This is Living Naturally.
- Join the Strategic Planning or Nomination Committees.
- Run for a position on the board of directors.
- What else? Let us know your ideas.
Board Information Packet
- Define and implement a future vision/strategic plan for VNF. In other words, envisioning where we want to be or what we want to accomplish in 2-5 years?
- Develop and leverage our Mission and Values statements.
- Define annual objectives for the General Manager.
- Work with the General Manager to monitor the yearly operational activities. This includes monthly and quarterly financial reports, policy governance review and reports of specific operational issues such as staff treatment and product quality.
- Interact with other boards of directors from Twin Cities Natural Food co-ops to explore ways we can work together to strengthen all co-ops.
- Listen to our member-owners. It is very important that we listen to your vision of the future for your Valley Natural Foods since you are the owners
Our Mission is a healthy community.
Our Values are FRESH.
Family, Relationships, Education, Sustainability & Health.
- Providing support for families and community
- Linking a family of consumers, employees, producers and suppliers
- Joining people locally as well as globally
- Creating an environment which allows our family to grow
- Working with other organizations with similar values
- Interacting with schools, business and non-profits
- Providing educational experience for local secondary and high schools
- Aligning with other co-ops to support the Co-op Principles
- Providing hands-on educational materials, recipes and demonstrations
- Presenting educational programs to area groups and schools
- Sponsoring local health fairs and events with educational focus
- Offering nutritional services free of charge with RN/CCN on staff
- Supporting fair trade, good farming and organics locally and globally
- Creating community jobs with a healthy work environment
- Providing a local market for local growers and producers
- Circulating profits locally through cooperative consumership
- Empowering healthy choices, education and volunteerism
- Maintaining a healthy bottom line for our co-op member-owners
- Supporting a healthy environment through good practices
- Providing our community with healthy foods, products and education
Valley Natural Foods Board of Directors - log into Google Apps using firstname.lastname@example.org