Whether you are a hare or a turtle, it doesn’t matter, it is how you run the race and what you are running for. On May 7th , 2011 at 8 a.m., we strongly encourage you to Run for Hope at Valley Natural Foods. The event starts and ends in the Valley Natural Foods parking lot.
Our store’s first Run for Hope 5K Run/Walk is in full stride and we need your participation and/or sponsorship! All proceeds from our 5K event will benefit Hope for Tomorrow, a mentoring organization for young people.
You may have seen our blog post announcing the 5K last week…but you may be pondering, why participate or help sponsor?
Here are a couple reasons to consider:
- Run for your health and the health of your community. Our store’s mission is a healthy community so we want to provide as many ways as possible for you to live well. Part of this includes eating right, but the other involves improving physical and cardiovascular health. Let the Run for Hope be the nudge you need to put your tennis shoes on and get outside to practice! Also, help represent health in our community, encouraging others to become involved.
- The 5K will help Hope for Tomorrow expand across the metro and eventually across Minnesota. Hope for Tomorrow’s 70 mentors now operate in only 7 schools in the south metro. If expanded, even more boys and girls will be able to take advantage of Hope for Tomorrow programming, maybe even your own! All kids are matched with a successful individual in the community that works with them on curriculum focused on building confidence, planning for the future, and building a healthy mind, body and spirit. One of the young girls that participated in the program said, “I’ve learned that it is all about having confidence and working hard. I am more confident and I now have dreams and goals.”
- Network, build friendships, and enjoy an activity together as a family. The Run for Hope is truly a family event. Re-connect and support each other toward living a healthier lifestyle. Make it a fun day! After the race, stop in Valley Natural Foods to enjoy a hearty breakfast as a family too.
If you would like to help sponsor the event or if you know of an organization that might be interested, contact Charli Mills, Marketing Manager, at email@example.com for a sponsorship form. All sponsors will be recognized on our website and can submit 1-2 PowerPoint slides that will be placed on two digital displays prominently located in our store.
We would also like to thank our current 5K Sponsors for their generous product and/or in-kind donations that will help make the event a success:
- Life Wellness Center
- Begin Nut & Fruit Company
- Clif Bars
- Amazing Grass
- Manitoba Harvest
- Rainbow Light
- Nordic Naturals
- Blahnik Insurance Services
- Small Planet Foods
- Oskri Organics
- Classic Provisions